"A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow." - Travis Peterson
- Be Ready to Ship - We must have the same mindset at Steve Jobs in that we must always be ready to tell the story.
- Stay on Message - To craft a compelling message is vital to your candidates success. You must have consistency within messaging. Donald Trump's campaign in a great example!
- It's a Crowded Market - There are 4,000 messages being thrown at people each and every day. In order to be seen, you must throw your message our there over and over again.
- Be Real - Make sure what you're saying about your product or organization is consistent with what your audience is thinking,
- Use the Data - Research and know who will be seeing your message and who you want to see your message.
- Measure. Rinse. Repeat. - What drives your bottom line and what can we do as communicators to drive results?
- Build Your Own Crowd - Don't appeal to everyone. Appeal to those who care about your message.
- Target Relentlessly - Who's going to cover this story vs. Who needs to hear this story
In the end, we must paint a picture for our audiences. This can be done through video, pictures and links on Facebook to drive the most engagement. Knowing what market what your market is and being true to your message is vital. Travis ended on saying again how important it is to be consistent within our messaging.
We also awarded three $500 student scholarships to deserving FPRA student members. Congratulations to Grace, Jenny & Hakeem! Learn more about the winners: http://bit.ly/23hG7F7