BLOG > FPRA Pensacola Announces Call for 2019 Student Scholarship Applications
Posted: Mar 21, 2019
• Candidates must be a communications student at the University of West Florida.
• Candidates must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale as confirmed by the Communications Arts chair. (I understand my GPA is subject to confirmation by the Communication Arts Department Chair.)
• Membership in FPRA or an FPRA Student Chapter is required. Students who are not currently members may join when they submit their scholarship application. Student membership dues are $30 per year. Applications are available at www.fpra.org.
• Download the application
• Submit electronically, typed or filled out in ink. Please write legibly. The application must be accompanied by your resume and an essay on one of the following topics:
1. What do you think is the most important issue or trend affecting public relations today and why?
2. Identify a communications crisis in the media within the last five years and share what went wrong and what you would have done differently. Why is communication important during a crisis?
The essay must be your original work, no longer than two pages, typed, double-spaced.
Students are eligible to receive a scholarship on a one-time-only basis.
Deadline and Submission
Completed applications must be returned to [email protected] by Wednesday, April 3, 2019.