Public Relations Professionals, Media Person of the Year Honored at FPRA Image Awards
PENSACOLA, Fla. (April 24, 2018) – WEAR ABC 3 TV reporter Allie Norton was named Media Person of the Year, and area public relations programs and practitioners were honored at the 2018 Florida Public Relations Association Pensacola Chapter’s Grand Slam Image Awards luncheon held April 19 at the First United Methodist Church of Pensacola.
FPRA Pensacola Chapter has a long standing tradition of recognizing a local media professional as Media Person of the Year, an award that expresses appreciation for the vital relationships public relations professionals have with members of the media to bring news stories to light. It is based on nominations from chapter members. According to FPRA Pensacola President-elect Sarah Whitfield, the 2018 recipient, Allie Norton, was recognized for her “professional coverage of local headlines.”
The annual Image Awards competition serves to recognize the best in public relations.
FPRA Image Awards for the Pensacola chapter were presented for programs, printed tools and online/audio/visual tools of public relations. Entries were judged on a written summary and work samples.
The following were honored for public relations programs:
- Naval Education and Training Command Professional Development Center (NETPDC) Public Affairs Officer (PAO) Ed Barker received the Grand All Image Award, an Image Award and a Judges’ Award for Navy College Shifts to Virtual Delivery.
- Gulf Power received an Image Award for McCrary Battery Energy Storage Demonstration by Kimberly Blair, Brandi Gomez and Rick DelaHaya
- Gulf Power received an Award of Distinction and a Judges’ Award for Social Media Coverage of Hurricane Nate by the Gulf Power Corporation Communication Team.
- Escambia County School District Public Relations Coordinator Kim Stefansson received a Judges' Award for Workman Orchestra Rises Like A Phoenix.
The following were honored for printed tools of public relations:
- NETPDC PAO Ed Barker received a Judges' Award for Navy College Program Mobile App.
The following were honored for online/audio/visual tools of public relations:
- Gulf Power received an Image Award for the Gulf Power Website by Steve Esser and Nick Seabrook.
- Gulf Power received an Award of Distinction for the Gulf Power Symposium App by Steve Esser and Nick Seabrook.
- Visit Pensacola received a Judges' Award for The Multicultural Pensacola Experience.
Sponsors for the Grand Slam Image Awards luncheon included Salz Studio and Eight Fifty Media.
The Florida Public Relations Association is dedicated to developing public relations practitioners who, through ethical and standardized practices, enhance the public relations profession in Florida. The Pensacola chapter meets the third Thursday of each month at the Wright Place at First United Methodist Church of Pensacola. Monthly programs focus on professional development for the public relations practitioner. For more information visit http://www.fprapensacola.org or like us on Facebook.
For more information, please contact: