Seeking a go-getter with excellent communication skills to lead Waterfront's PR and Fundraising efforts.
Are you the next person to join the team of one of the longest-standing service organizations in Pensacola? Want to make a difference for the underprivileged each day? Then serving as Vice President of Public Relations and Development for Waterfront Rescue Mission might be just the spot for you.
We're seeking a driven, energetic, reliable person to lead an established team in the Mission's community relationships, marketing, and fundraising activities. Fast-paced environment requires an organized, dependable person who works well with others to oversee this dynamic effort.
Sound like you? Take a look at the qualifications and job functions below to see if this job if for you.
The position is available immediately.
Responsible for the public relations initiatives within Waterfront. Creates, manages, and implements PR campaigns with the goal of enriching Waterfront’s public position and image. Maintains strong relationships with media representatives and key community members. Under the general guidance of the Executive Vice President, this position is responsible for all development and fundraising activities. Serves as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must exemplify and model Christian behaviors and values and possess high levels of ethics, honesty and character.
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or 8+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid state driver’s license and be insurable by the WRM insurance carrier.
- Must be comfortable in public settings representing WRM.
- Must have the ability to work with teams.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Must possess superb communication, networking, and leadership skills.
- Must have the ability to form effective working relationships with supervisors, subordinates, employers, the Board of Directors, and the public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite system and have a willingness to learn additional applications such as Waterfront’s donor software. Must be willing to sign the Waterfront Statement of Faith.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the Mission and Core Values of Waterfront Rescue Mission in all job functions and daily activities.
- Plans and directs public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for the Mission.
- Cultivates and solicits major gifts and donors.
- Develops marketing communications and directs advertising campaigns.
- Creates thought leadership materials.
- Creates, directs, and/or delivers press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive biographies, corporate newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals.
- Identifies, develops, and executes communications strategy for key media contacts and customer references.
- Develops and directs the Mission’s marketing efforts and public relations initiatives.
- Oversees the Mission’s direct response efforts including annual fund gift solicitation, donor acquisition campaign, and monthly donor program.
- Oversees the Volunteer Program.
- Directs planned giving.
- Develops and directs fundraising events, as well as donor and volunteer appreciation events.
- Oversees the control, use, and confidentiality of the Mission’s database.
- Develops and submits the PR & Development Department budget.
- Serves when needed as the Mission’s spokesperson.
- Performs all supervisor duties expected of a department head.
- Some travel may be necessary for training and temporary duty.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other Mission management.
Supervises employees in the PR & Development Department. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to manipulate and to speak and listen. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations