Position Title: Communications Coordinator - Enterprise Operational Excellence
Location: Memphis, TN
The communications coordinator for the Enterprise Operational Excellence (EOE) organization will work with the communications manager for EOE to provide communications support for the organization overall and its individual functions, which include Global Technology, Environmental Health and Safety, Global Fiber Supply, Global Sourcing, Global Supply Chain CTE/COE and Information Technology. The communications coordinator will have a strong focus on standardizing, streamlining and developing engaging safety communications to support safety efforts across the company. The candidate will also have opportunities to support leaders and lead strategic communications projects.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage and support communications tools and channels, including newsletters, printed materials, webcasts and intranet sites to ensure employee communications are aligned with the company’s vision, mission, priorities and strategy
- Audit, standardize and streamline safety communications across the company, as well as develop engaging communication materials as needed to help advance the company’s goal of achieving zero injuries
- Serve as the facilitator for EHS Council meetings, including scheduling meeting and speakers, content development, facilitating discussions and ensuring follow-up
- Lead communications efforts on special projects, business announcements and people moves for the EOE organizations
- Work with the Enterprise Operational Excellence Communications manager to effectively implement identified communications strategies and projects on an ongoing basis. Analyze and provide feedback on the effectiveness of the strategies to ensure the communications team is reaching the target audience(s)
- Actively participate in the measurement and enhancement of communications programs and processes to improve the overall communications effort within the business internally and externally
- Work with the Enterprise Operational Excellence Communications manager to support functional and facility communications leaders in developing and delivering effective communications materials on EOE initiatives
- Support business leaders as assigned by developing PowerPoint presentations, leader letters and other communications
- Research and write articles for IPToday
- Provide oversight of SharePoint sites, as well as counsel to content owners, to ensure pages are continuously updated and plans are in place to engage employees with content
- Lead the LIFE Champions team within the communications organization and lead efforts to celebrate LIFE Month annually
- Support other communications and/or Global Citizenship projects as assigned
- Developing and maintaining leadership trust and establishing credibility/influence
- Translating initiatives into persuasive and effective communications
- Soliciting feedback and measuring effectiveness of communications
- Providing support to employees in various departments/regions, ensuring aligned, consistent content
- Time management and balancing conflicting priorities among multiple organizations and leaders
- Understanding the company in depth; developing relationships with peers/higher leadership
- Develop and influence communications engaging employees across the Enterprise Operational Excellence organization, both overall and targeted to specific organizations, which include: Global Technology, Environmental Health and Safety, Global Fiber Supply, Global Sourcing, Global Supply Chain CTE/COE and Information Technology.
- Develop and influence communications for projects within Enterprise Operational Excellence such as Mill of the Future.
- Partner with the non-US communications teams as needed
Knowledge And Experience
- Four-year bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years working experience in communications or educational equivalent
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Demonstrated strong written communications skills/experience
- Ability to interact and build relationships with various levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and strategically, and adapt to a changing work environment
- Strong planning, project management, priority setting and time management skills
- Strong PC software knowledge, including Microsoft Office, Adobe, PowerPoint and Internet software
- Excellent verbal, presentation, people and diplomacy skills essential
- Demonstrated ability to establish systems and manage/measure work remotely across facilities
The Career You Will Build
The Impact You Will Make
We continue to build a better future for people, the plant, and our company! IP has been a good steward of sustainable practices across communities around the world for more than 120 years. Join our team and you’ll see why our team members say they’re Proud to be IP.
The Culture You Will Experience
International Paper promotes employee well-being by providing safe, caring and inclusive workplaces. You will learn Safety Leadership Principles and have the opportunity to opt into Employee Networking Circles such as IPVets, IPride, Women in IP, and the African American ENC. We invite you to bring your uniqueness, creativity, talents, experiences, and safety mindset to be a part of our increasingly diverse culture.
The Company You Will Join
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2021 were $19.4 billion. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.