Now hiring a Full Time Public Relations Manager for a Religious Non-Profit Organization in Pensacola, FL.
Want to work each day to make a difference for those in need in our community? Work for a purpose every day at Waterfront Rescue Mission!
Why Waterfront? This is a place where you can bring your faith and work experience to join in the important work of Matthew 25 – helping those in need and showing the love of Jesus Christ. Your work directly supports the frontline work of our Ministry team, who live out the Gospel daily, helping guests overcome life-dominating issues.
We're seeking a smart, reliable, personable individual to lead the Mission's community relationships and promotional efforts. Fast-paced environment requires an organized, dependable person who works well with others to oversee this dynamic effort of one of the community's most well-known faith-based nonprofits.
Sound like you? Read the complete job description to learn more about the Manager of Public Relations position, and apply today if you can see yourself joining the Waterfront team!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Vice President of Public Relations & Development, The Public Relations Manager has the privilege and responsibility of strengthening WRM’s internal and external image by guiding the organization’s PR efforts in all regions and effectively engaging key audiences. The PR Manager arranges PR efforts, including event planning, engaging supporters in various capacities, and establishing and maintaining community and church relations. This person oversees the volunteer program for all WRM sites, oversees WRM social media outlets, and develops and maintains relationships with major media representatives. This person leads any direct reports. He/she performs all reasonably-related duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Christian Commitment: Must exemplify and model Christian behaviors and values and possess high levels of ethics, honesty, and character. Must sign the Waterfront Rescue Mission Statement of Faith.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree or equivalent, plus at least two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid Florida driver’s license and be insurable by WRM’s insurance carrier. Required to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day (alternate holiday provided for those who must work on holidays). While most duties are done during traditional work hours, must have the ability to work flexible, non-traditional hours as needed.
- Must have the ability to engage, facilitate, and present to groups of people in public settings. Must be able to manage multiple duties at once.
- Must possess high energy and good socialization skills.
- Must work well with a team and be a self-starter with excellent time-management skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to lead creative promotional efforts.
- Must possess the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Must possess the ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Must have working knowledge of basic social media outlets.
- Must possess basic computer and typing skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Basic experience in graphic design preferred.
Soft Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrates WRM Mission Statement and Core Values in all job functions and activities:
Mission Statement: To Demonstrate God's Goodness by Providing Rescue and Recovery Services in Jesus' Name.
- Honor God above all else
- Compassionate ministry as Christ shows compassion to us
- Stewardship--Everything belongs to God
- Relentless pursuit of continuous improvement and quality
- Supports organizational goals of the Mission.
- Maintains professional and positive attitude during Mission activities. Strives to provide positive cultural environment for coworkers, clients, and customers.
- Practices stewardship by taking ownership of one’s duties and responsibilities and does not waste or destroy Mission assets and/or properties.
- Exemplifies teamwork and ability to work well with others. Must have ability to form effective working relationships with supervisors, subordinates, other staff members, and the public.
- Exemplifies motivation to perform at his/her very best every day and puts forth effort to motivate others to be at their very best.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills and is able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to supporters, prospective supporters, community members, and other employees of the organization.
- Has ability to write effective and compelling promotional pieces.
- Demonstrates ability to manage conflict in constructive manner. Has ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrates ability to read and comprehend general instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Demonstrates commitment to coworkers, customers, clients, and Mission by maintaining regular job attendance and punctuality.
- Exemplifies neat, clean, and professional appearance and hygiene.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain strict confidentiality of Mission business and operations.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of computer operations and software.
- Exemplifies safety mindfulness during all Mission related activities by always utilizing and/or wearing required safety equipment, looking for ways to improve organizational safety and ways to avoid accidents and/or injuries.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with staff of Public Relations & Development Department and other Mission divisions to plan on-site and off-site promotional events to raise awareness in the Mission’s geographic areas, focusing strategically on targeted groups.
- Maintains updated Speakers Bureau list and schedules speaking engagements to educate the public.
- Schedules and promotes tours of Mission sites to educate and engage the public.
- With assistance from the Administrative Assistant, ensures the Volunteer program is functioning at optimal capability, recruiting volunteers strategically and ensuring they are properly trained and engaged for a fulfilling and meaningful experience.
- Initiates and leads efforts to build awareness among businesses, churches, and organizations in communities of all Mission sites through regular communication.
- Oversees designated Mission social media outlets.
- Updates website as needed.
- Photographs and videos various Mission events.
- Coordinates with all divisions to determine volunteer opportunities and actively seeks individual and group volunteers from the community.
- Maintains volunteer documentation, updating policies and procedures as needed.
- Some travel may be necessary for events, training, and temporary duty.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and must be able to manipulate office equipment. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The Public Relations Manager will work in a fast-paced, multi-challenged environment; high energy and the ability to work with many others throughout the day are expected. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment varies based upon the job function being performed at the time.
PAY | $45k-$50k, DOE
SCHEDULE | Full Time, Monday-Friday and occasional events, weekends and holidays, as needed.
REQUIREMENTS | Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.