To create effective public relations and media coverage of the credit union’s Corporate Social Responsibility and Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts. Examples include earning media coverage from online publications, newspapers, radio broadcasts and television stations that amplifies the credit union’s mission of member and community service. Applicants will need to demonstrate how they can create and ensure external messaging is consistent with the brand, organization standards and related industry/regulatory requirements. Will serve as an administrator within grantmaking software and be responsible for budget reporting. Will serve as a liaison between Corporate Social Responsibility team, Corporate Communications and the Marketing team.
• Collaborate with marketing, communications team and product owners and senior leadership team to develop year-long creative corporate communications initiatives, tactics and strategies to effectively enable earned media and market exposure and to further the image and reputation of the NFCU
• Develop, respond, and assist requests for information (such as industry specific topics, clarification on corporate contribution eligibility, etc.) from Navy Federal employees, leadership, government agencies, members, the media and the credit union community
• Measure effectiveness of communications channels and programs to meet the specific needs of audiences, evaluate success, and course-correct as necessary to improve the impact and sustainability of communication programs and publications
• Assist in evaluating and interpreting metrics for presentations, schedules, reviews, and monitors updates from the Meltwater monitoring system, Google alerts, Bing, etc.
• Act as liaison with marketing, professional and vendor partners to provide information and requirements for PR initiatives
• Work across Delivery Channels departments to develop and produce integrated campaigns; Plan, initiate, develop and implement communication initiatives and strategies
• Recommend new PR initiatives to management and assess risk, issues, and potential communications problems and provide proactive solutions
• Conduct research, monitors the Internet, daily news items, trade publications, internal documents, community events, etc., for news relevant to Navy Federal and reports to management
• Keep current with print and online credit union and banking industry publications, and other resources to assist in crafting press releases and feature stories
• Coordinate media outreach, screens media inquiries, assist in developing talking points for SMEs and pertinent staff on NFCU messaging; contacts members of Navy Federal management to coordinate and assist with external media interviews
• Leverage key contacts and manages relationships to prioritize and qualify media opportunities in national and regional dailies, wires, business periodicals, broadcast media, online/social media outlets and industry trades, including Navy Federal online
• Create reports for media monitoring team and facilitates coordination with media monitoring vendor; Monitors results of campaigns, press releases; reach of message; engagement in content for blogs, etc., for all departmental endeavors
• Prepare subject matter experts for interviews and presentations as a trusted consultant
• Write and edit communications materials, including press releases, media alerts, thought leadership, social media content and other communications documents
• Create educational content to include videos, graphics, and articles for clients that are disseminated on Navy Federal digital channels, including the blog, Happenings Tile, NFO and other paid sponsorship channels
• Provide communication support for credit union business units and act as liaison for program managers
• Serve as liaison between product owners in gathering relevant market and research information used in press releases, blog content, editorials, by-lined articles, strategies; assists with campaign promotion and planning
• Develop content for companywide communications and channels, ensuring effective coordination and integration with Business & Leadership Communications, sales, marketing, corporate branding and communications initiatives
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Experience in writing and proofreading in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field
• Working knowledge of the client’s product line and identifies appropriate traditional and non-traditional public relations vehicles to effectively promote the product/service/campaign
• Exposure to working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Advanced skills maintaining information accuracy, attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Experience in being to interact effectively with senior management at NFCU and external organizations
• Effective planning, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Experience in working independently and on multiple tasks, maintaining attention to detail
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Experienced skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Experienced skill following, interpreting and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices and regulations
• Experienced skill navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
• Experienced skill with data querying, reporting, forecasting, analysis and operations research, including statistical methods and modeling
• Bachelor’s degree or college course work in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field
• Working knowledge of credit union related regulations, organization, and products and services
• Experience with cause marketing
• Experience managing CSR relationships,
• Experience with earned media coverage and messaging supporting Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging.
• Experience working for or with nonprofits
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Salary: Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
The salary range for this position is: $26.50 to $41.00 Hourly Rate
Equal Employment Opportunity