JOB BANK > Membership Manager/Office Assistant
Posted: Sep 17, 2019
Company: Pensacola Beach Chamber of Commerce
The Pensacola Beach Chamber of Commerce Membership Manager is responsible for assisting the Chamber Director in providing superior direct personal service to the Chamber members through management of information in the membership software system, and implementation of the Chamber’s retention and member education efforts. The Membership Manager will assist in coordinating the Chamber’s networking events, special events, and volunteers. They will also assist in the daily operations of the Visitor Information Center on Pensacola Beach which the chamber manages for the Santa Rosa Island Authority.
Summary of Essential Job Functions (to include but are not limited to the following):
- Chamber Member Management Software (CMMS)
- Work with Chamber members to assure the accuracy of their information.
- Maintain accurate records through CMMS on Networking Events and Special Event sponsorships and reservations.
- Execute weekly Beach Blast (newsletter).
- Process new members in the Chamber.
- Maintain the Community Events Calendar and Daily Activities Sheet
- Develop excellent knowledge of Chamber member benefits in order to understand and address member’s needs
- Communicate with recent Chamber members to welcome them, show them how to use the Chamber site and services, and invite them to events.
- Maintain an integral role in the membership retention plan, including follow-up calls and outreach
- Take an active role in selling Chamber Memberships through website requests, business to business visits, phone calls and walk-ins
- Solicits sponsorships for chamber programs and plans membership recruitment efforts such as membership drives
- Oversees communications, plans and manages all communications activities and publicity, including staff, membership, and public information. All information must be backed up on our storage server at least every 2 weeks.
- Volunteer/VIC Coordination
- Recruit/Train/Supervise volunteers on Chamber/VIC operations and front desk procedures
- Assist Director with identification of volunteer tasks
- Monthly VIC reports to Director and SRIA, VIC Guide Mailouts
- Maintain VIC Handbook
- Order VIC materials from various partners and businesses
- Attend monthly networking events and Special Events as needed
- Assist Director with details and preparation for monthly networking events and Special Events as needed
- Operation of the Pensacola Beach Chamber of Commerce requires a high level of teamwork due to the collaborative nature of the business. All employees will be expected to perform team responsibilities which include performing daily, weekly and quarterly cleaning checklists, assisting with front desk and general office operations, and other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service experience. Experience at managing databases and learning new software.
- Proficiency with computer programs such as Word and Excel. Organizational and superior verbal and written communication skills and ability to function both independently and in a team environment.
- College degree preferred but not necessary. Training in computer software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work at a computer in regular office lighting.
- Ability to communicate on the phone.
- Occasionally may be required to lift items up to 10 pounds to a height of up to 6 feet; up to 25 pounds to a height of 4 feet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.