JOB BANK > Community Relations Coordinator
Posted: Jan 29, 2020
Company: Pensacola Sports
Contact Person: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Feb 28, 2020
Community Relations Coordinator Pensacola Sports Job Status: Full Time Hourly Wage: $13/hour - $18/hour (depending on experience)
Job Brief: As our Community Relations Coordinator, you will work alongside the Director of Operations and Director of Events to increase public awareness of Pensacola Sports Membership Program and events through online and offline channels to grow engagement with the goal of increasing memberships, public awareness, and event registrations.
• Maintain creative communication with Pensacola Sports Members: thank you letters; benefits; gifts and engagement; organize renewals and invoicing.
• Promote the benefits of membership to recruit new members while engaging and maintaining current members.
• Work with the Membership Committee to plan and execute the membership benefits at events.
• Represent Pensacola Sports at community outreach events.
• Support event staff as needed at events – create and share real time social media content at events; take photos and videos.
• Collaborate with the marketing agency to plan and execute marketing strategies of membership and events.
• Maintain Pensacola Sports social media accounts- assist the marketing agency in designing posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around events and programs- create engaging text, image and video content.
• Facilitate online conversations and respond to queries, report on online reviews and feedback from social media platforms and Google Business.
• Identify and develop relationships with media, community partners and volunteers to promote our programs, events, membership and sponsorship opportunities.
• Write and update website, email newsletter content, press releases, and Google Business listing.
• Increase our online presence- include Pensacola Sports events on outside agency partners calendars, emails, and publications.
• Assist with other external communications duties as needed.
• Knowledgeable in multiple social media platforms
• Ability to deliver creative content (text, graphics and video)
• Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
• Excellent communication skills
• Effectively manage time and responsibilities to meet varied deadlines
• Ability to work independently and stay on task
• Knowledge of AP style and writing press releases
• Fiscal responsibility to adhere to a set budget
• Ability to learn and use new applications and programs
• Occasionally work long days, nights or weekends
• Outgoing and Creative Team Player!
This job might be for you if...
• You have 1-3 years of communications experience – creating and implementing strategies and developing online content.
• Collaborating with diverse teams excites you, and you have no problem managing multiple initiatives at once.
• You listen to understand, and when you speak/write, you are understood. You know how to turn knowledge into exciting and useful messages and distribute them to the right audiences.
• You’re willing to share your ideas and be creative!
• You inspire through word – written and spoken.
• You can build long-term relationships with volunteers, partners and communities.
• You have a flair for hospitality!
• You are confident with the Google Suite (GSUITE), Microsoft Office, Word Press, website content management, email marketing and social media networks. Databases and new applications do not scare you.
Physical Requirements: You won’t need the endurance of a stallion, but you will have some light physical demands (i.e. spending hours listening and talking; working on the computer and phone; driving to meetings and events; lifting light pieces of equipment and materials; and occasionally working long days, nights or weekends)
To Apply: Interested candidates please email resume, references, and any examples of work to: [email protected]
Pensacola Sports is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or veteran status.